Soundstage is the exciting contemporary music arm of Berkshire Maestros that offers lessons, experiences and opportunities to anyone interested in learning how to play in bands, become a studio engineer or composer, and broaden their musical knowledge and skills by attending workshops and masterclasses.
Our goal is to make music accessible for everyone. Whether you already play an instrument or not, there’s something on offer here for anyone interested in music - even if you don’t read music notation.
We offer a whole range of musically innovative and modern activities including:
- Instrumental Teaching – Vocals, Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboard, Drums
- Live Band Workshops – Weekly live band hubs that work from a tailor-made syllabus of songs covering all genres
- Gigs & Events – Termly live gigs for all our bands at some of the best music venues in the county
- Contemporary Songwriting – Full band and individual lessons to cater for those interested in becoming a composer or songwriter
- Music Production Courses – 3 courses run throughout the year focusing on using MIDI to create your own music, recording techniques, mixing and producing
- Music Composition Courses – 3 courses run throughout the year alongside Production, with opportunities to compose for short films and bands/orchestras, and look at aspects of sound design for film and TV
- Interactive Workshops – Guitar and Snare Drum building give a hands-on approach to making your own instruments
- Masterclasses – come and learn from some of the best musicians in the country in fields including Touring, West End Productions and Studio Engineering
- Careers Guidance and Work Experience – Opportunities for us to help students into contemporary music colleges and into industry. Also, chances to come and work with us at Berkshire Maestros on work experience and shadowing teachers
To find out more about Soundstage bands at each of our music centres, please click on 'Join a Band or Choir' on the Menu bar and select your local music centre. Alternatively please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries, or see them on Facebook to keep up-to-date with their latest news..
Music Production Courses
In addition to instrumental and band tuition, short courses in music production techniques are also offered on a termly basis. Providing opportunities for students to learn how to use midi tools, record with multi-track technology, and how to mix and master their recordings. These courses take place in a fully equipped classroom and taught by knowledgeable teachers.
At the end of the year students will leave with copies of their work, and a heightened knowledge of how to take a track from a raw performance to a release-ready piece of music. Students will have developed quite a comprehensive understanding of:
- operating music software
- using mixing techniques and digital effects
- setting up instruments for a recording
- using a mixing desk
- recording instruments and vocals
- cutting and pasting audio
- using compression and noise gates
- adding effects
To find out about our next music production course please e-mail email@example.com.