Arts Council praise for the Berkshire Music Education Hub
19 December 2016
Great News! Arts Council England has praised the Berkshire Music Education Hub on another strong year of performance with a very positive annual feedback letter.
Strengths outlined include:
- Excellent school engagement at 98% across both primary and secondary schools.
- Commitment to quality assurance through observation of hub partner activity with 94% of all observed sessions deemed good or better
- A significant rise of pupils from a range of backgrounds being identified as exceptionally talented and being given the opportunity to experience world class performing opportunities
- Partnership working remains strong, including sustained relationships with voluntary organisations and genuine partnerships with music and education sector organisations
- Continued great work in developing Early Years provision through bespoke Pantomimus and Mini Maestros programmes.
- Quality music learning opportunities provided to secondary schools through the Hub’s innovative Learn it Live programme, with plans to expand further to include KS2 and 3 pupils
- A commitment to making provision as accessible as possible by adapting and tailoring provision based on regular needs’ analysis
- Significant developments in digital practice, especially through Maestros’ contemporary programme – Soundstage
- Strong governance and delivery against core and extension roles
We are delighted with this feedback as it supports and recognises our hard work and commitment to our children and young people, our staff, schools, parents and partners.
Now that Arts Council England have confirmed hub funding for the next four years, we look forward to further developing these areas as well as improving and expanding our provision to continue providing the best possible musical service and support to you all.
Back to News